Sunday, April 6, 2014

THE TWORUNNASORASS HEX (POKER) 5

       There's a monster under the bed in the Land Of Flopportunity. He is called the Two Runnersorass Hex and he is one fucked up beast. He will stalk you for weeks, maybe months, maybe forever. It seems you cannot shake him, he's over your shoulder and then somehow, finding his way back into your head. Even though you may be strong and experienced, you are seemingly no match as he wares you down to an easy pray, then gnaws at you slowly devouring your psyche, till your spirit is nearly gone. If you reach that point you may be gone forever, so somehow, you ware the woes of your wounds and the trickle of your consciousness and rise up to defend your fortress. You will enter the darkness that you have created with your fears and find that the light shines brightly in your heart. Bright enough to slay the beast who hides under all beds. River beds.
       Yes my friends, this beast will devour you on the river over and over like a bad dream. But not just a dream, a reoccurring dream. You must be your own shrink our you will be shrunk and freeze dried from the cold streak.
       I recently was bitten by this beast and it drove me crazy for about six weeks. My attitude was terrible and I didn't like the way I was behaving. This monster will bring out the worst in you, if you let it and I let it. I was the ugly animal. Maybe even as ugly as the Tworunnersorass. I needed to overcome this problem and hopped it would work itself out, as it had done in the past. After astronomically calculated odds to one occurrences were battering my brain and bankroll. I physically felt like I was being ingested bit by bit. Nearly consumed, I wearily arrived at the crossroads. The bonus...., that Holy Grail that I sought for weeks, which actually seemed like an eternity, was again dangling like a gold carrot in front of my face. Oh...., to be the one to have a chance to draw the diamond, as the sword in the stone was drawn and then, to have it set me free from the spell that had held me captive for seemingly ages, would be glorious. I went down to the dangerous river with the best, which I had done so many times before. Would I again be turned back into the darkness? Or will the light shine on my spirit and help me defeat the devouring beast? I awaited the outcome. If I prevail, I will gain the right to draw the diamond from the stone cold deck. This would decide my fate and allow me to move on to the next and final level. My straight was king. The river quickly changed that again and brought a flush. I also had a small flush in my arsenal of cards and after the smoke cleared and the battle cries were silenced, it remained the best. Rejoice! Rejoice! But not so fast! It was time to draw the diamond. I had waited so long for this moment and had extreme confidence as I rose from my chair to draw the card. The deck was spread and the light shinned on a certain card, there was no other card in my tunnel vision as my hand slowly lifted it up, looking so as only I could see it, there it was. It was the King Of Diamonds. I had broken the spell. I was then presented with a $160 reward, for finding my way through the maze and then cutting the diamond. From that moment on, the Tworunnersorass has kept his distance, but still remains in our game and in our minds.                                                     The game of poker breeds many monsters and it is our job not to let them get control of our every day good moods. Be like a fortress and may your walls be strong and high in your life's castle."Don't let it get you down, it's only castles burning, just find someone that's turning and you will come around."(Neil Young)

       Stay strong my friends           Wizzzmo

No comments:

Post a Comment