Monday, April 7, 2014

JUST CALL ME KIRK

       A while back, about 5 years ago, I was playing poker at a club in Seattle. The waitress, a Korean gal named Sunny, was the food and drink server for us players. Many times my food would arrive when I was involved in a hand. I would just hand her my money and she would say, "thank you Kirk, thank you. Well.... my name was not Kirk, but Captain Kirk, from Star Trek was a cool guy, so I just let it slide and allowed her to call me by that name.
        Months passed and I was still frequenting the joint, when I again got hungry. My order arrived and it was time to pay up.{ I have a bad hip and lower back problem, which makes walking a problem. I even use a red diamond willow staff to help me with my struggles that I have walking.} The bill came to about $7, so I handed her a ten spot and told her to keep the change. She then replied, "thank you Kirk, thank you," as she  had always done before. After months of calling me Kirk, it was time to clue her in on my real name. I said," Sunny, did you know my name is not Kirk? " She replied, "oh! what is your name?"  " I told her my name was Raymo. She then said, "oh Laymo, I didn't know." Upon hearing Laymo, a cripple man that I am said," hey Sunny, just call me Kirk." The laughs were loud when this all transpired and what was also funny was that she had no idea why we were laughing.

         Beam me up Scottie                      
             
         Stay thirsty my friends             Wizzzmo

No comments:

Post a Comment