Wednesday, March 12, 2014

UFO SITING (1) RAY DAY & CROG

       After visiting Santa Fe in the mid seventies, I had fallen in love with this amazing place. The land of enchantment is truly an accurate description of this fabulous landscape. I had gone to Fiesta before, but now I was traveling with two other great musicians that I had met in Portland, which I now called home. I told them of the burning of the Zozobra, a pagan ritual which has been celebrated since 1712, in which a 50 ft. human-like moving and groaning figure, representing evil, is burned down in a fantastic spectacle with fire works that light up the sky. Then, all the evil spirits are gone and its Fiesta. Viva la fiesta! Viva la fiesta! Its party time. Then, everyone goes to the plaza and the celebration goes on for a couple of days. Great times were had, but it was time to hit the road again.
        We were now on our way back from this musical tour we had been on, in which we were street musicians just trying to make a buck. Chandra-mar was our name which we went by and original music was our trademark. We were all songwriters, however, we played mostly Day Cathey's compositions, which were beautifully written, with enchanting melodies and lyrics. He was truly a great songwriter and together we were wandering troubadours. 
         So here we were, low on funds and headed to Las Vegas. I had been driving for quite some time in the desert and had now gone through Kingman Az. The night was a warm one and I was driving in my cut-offs, when about half way to Vegas we ran into a wall of heat. It had gotten even hotter than it was. It kinda felt like it was about 110 degrees or more. Sweat was gushing out of my pours, when on the left hand side of the road appeared a bathroomless rest area. It was just a slab of black top and was the only pullover between Kingman and Vegas. As I pulled off the road, one of my headlights went out. We had also been running the engine pretty hot and it needed to cool it down. While I and Day were fixing the headlight and allowing the engine to cool, Crog was playing his classical guitar in back of the van. He had written an orchestrational piece about the Snegs Of Cracknoid a real freaky composition which when played properly, wood produce sounds from the corners of the room you were in. Crick, crick sorta sounds. I even heard them before one time indoors and could not explain how this was done. So, the scene was now set when Crog alarmingly shouted out," What's that up there, look!!!!?" Quickly concerned we looked up at the sky only to see a huge glowing sphere of light with another light protruding out of it like a spotlight going off towards the 2 o'clock position and dissipating into nothingness. We had never experienced anything like this before and were frozen in awe. We were in the middle of nowhere, gazing up at this unexplainable entity, my spine was getting pins and needles as we watched on in wonder. It seemed to loose intensity and was somewhat fading away slowly. You couldn't tell if it was or if it wasn't for sure, but it seemed less intense as I grew more tense. The pins and needles I was experiencing had now gone to my brain, I was thinking it was absorbing into me and that I was feeling radiation. We were all overcome with amazement as it ever so slowly faded to nothingness. As it dissapated I was left with pins and needles in my brain and was worried they would not go away. Not knowing what we had experienced and having fixed the light we took off and got back on the highway. By the time we got to Henderson, just short of Las Vegas, I had still not completely gotten rid of my brain tingles. It took about three hours till they were gone. Was it some unknown extraterrestrial energy absorption? Or was it just me being overcome with fright from the experience? I could only wonder.
          Years later I had picked up a hitchhiker on the same road, in which he told me, he also had seen the same giant orb. I further investigated and looked into the UFO archives, in which I found out that this phenomena had been documented and observed by others in which there were no explanations.
           There are other times that I've had unexplainable celestial events. I will be writing about them in the near future, so keep checking back.

           Keep your head up my friends            Wizzzmo

No comments:

Post a Comment