Sunday, March 9, 2014

SPONTANEITY (SANTA FE)

       I recently wrote a story about how I met my first dog. That was in Untermyer Park in North Yonkers. Well... about a mile north of Untermyers was a small college called Seton College. That's where I met Terry Rapp. She was a student at the same time that another friend of mine was going to Seton. This was the first year they allowed males to attend this college and my friend Richie was one of the six lucky guys. I had found an awesome place to hang out and party. The large dorm was all girls and the three little lower buildings were co-ed. One of these houses was the party spot. That's were I hung out. We would have smoke-a-thons by rolling and cleaning all the seeds from the Columbian pound of pot the we all chipped in on. Last one standing gets the leftovers. All night long and further we endured. Most of the time the last three left would call it quits and just split up the rest. I was usually one of those three and so was Terry. We became good friends and had some great adventures that year. Then she left the area and ended up going to school in Santa Fe, New Mexico.
         Summer had come and gone and September was fading. I called up Terry in Santa Fe and talked for quite some time. She kept saying how pink and orange and amazing the sunsets were. The 7,000 ft. elevation played a big roll in creating rainbows and awesome sunsets. With the Sangria De Crista mountains lit up during sunsets. And double rainbows everywhere, it was sounding like a faerie tale that I wanted to be a part of. I kept saying,"I'll see you tomorrow, I'll see you tomorrow." After about an hour of long distance conversation I had to go. I'll see you tomorrow all of a sudden clearly became a possibility to me. Wouldn't that be awesome I thought, to actually show up at her dorm room the next day? I sprung up from my sitting position and checked the little box in the corner of my room where I kept my funds. Shit! Only $140. "Hey Dad! " I shouted up the stairs, for my room was in the basement. I then ran up the stairs and told my Dad what my plans were. My Dad was always there to help me pursue my adventures and dreams. I really loved my father immensely for being that way. He loaned me the rest of what I needed so as I may pursue my whim. I called the airport, made a reservation and got a ride. Five hours later my Dad said good-bye and good luck and I boarded the plane right on time. This was crazy good and I could only imagine what her face was going to look like when I appeared at her door
           I arrived the next morning at Albuquerque Airport and had to transfer to a smaller plane. Oh my God this plane is not just small its.....Oh well here I go. Six passengers, a Piper Cub they called it. We took off and for the next seventy miles I held the barf bag close. Up and down the wind currents took us. My stomach was being toyed with and displaced. Somehow I made it without barfing. Truly amazing!
           After getting a cab ride right to the dorm I immediately set out to find her room. Oh, the anticipation. My imagination running wild with wonder. What will she do? I hope she's there. Then...., there it is. Number 202, here I go! Knock Knock, I rapped on the door. "Come in she said." I slowly cracked the door open till I caught her eyes, then flung it wide open and said, " I told you I'd see you tomorrow." She leaped up from her  studying position on the bed and into my open arms. We spun around hugged, kissed and laughed boisterously. What a gas. This really turned her on. Me too of coarse. The spontaneous life is for me baby. All of this was truly an amazing experience for me and set the tone for future spontaneous decisions that would also have glorious outcomes.
             I stayed in Santa Fe for a couple of weeks then set out hitchhiking with two beautiful girls I had met at the college. We were going to Las Vegas so as I could meet my parents and then return with them to Yonkers where I still lived. This ended up to be another trip to write about, but that's another story. 
            
             Stay thirsty my friends                       Wizzzmo

No comments:

Post a Comment