Saturday, March 8, 2014

BREWSTER STORIES (4) FREAK OUT FREDDY

        Here I go again, reaching back into my memorium of stories so as to tell you 'bout an epic night that I experienced on a mountain down the tracks in the dark by the lake where we hung out.
         It was a hot summer night in Brewster N.Y. My Dad had built a summer home for our family a few years back and this is where I spent most of my summers. My friends and I were out to find a new hangout where the cops couldn't show up and try to bust everyone. I had heard of such a new place only that day. I heard we would have to go down the RR tracks about a half a mile. Then climb a mountain through fallen leaves that had been undisturbed for years probably slipping and sliding as we would be making our own trail. Then finally we would make it to the top." So what do you think everybody? "" Let's do it!"" Yea baby!"  I guess we were up for this one, so a group of us including my dear friends Bob and Diane took off to find this encampment.
         We walked down the tracks for quite some time till Squink (This older creepy kind of freaky guy with Charlie Manson type eyes) guided us to the base of the small mountain. That's where we all dropped a hit of some of this new LSD that he brought from Pennsylvania. We heard that others up on the mountain were all tripping. So, being adventure seekers as we were, we thought we'd take a hit and started climbing the mountain.
          This was not like any other acid I had previously tried. It was called STP coated Sunshine.  Orange barrel acid coated with heavy duty three day liquid acid. This we didn't know. (would it have made a difference?) Probably not. But it would have still been nice to know. We started our assent. Upward and onward we climbed. My blood was really pumping fast through my body as we arrived at the crest. It was a dimly lit summer sky that added to the shroud of mystery coming from all of the moving silhouettes of blanketed people I had never seen before. The acid was coming on really strong when we ran into some of the locals that had dropped some a few hours ago. They sure looked strange as we gathered around the giant campfire which was surrounded by large rocks. One was about five feet high. I wondered how it could have possibly gotten there? The Brady brothers were there along with Mike O'Brien and another local named Dennis or Wack. That's when Fred, who was acting very strange and not saying anything came up beside me and rubbed up against me. This was not happening. "Get the fuck off me you freak, go fuck mother nature or something." I firmly suggested to the weirded out normally straight Fred. Well....after a while, there he was humping on that big rock. His pants were half way down and he was grinding away on the boulder. We were all really fucked up, but not that fucked up. Fear of thinking we all were getting too high seeped into my brain. It was daunting. A loathing fear moved in like the dragons breath on a blood soaked battle field. Excalibur. " Quite the trip to this point. What do you think."
            I took a little spin around the encampment in which all of the leafless trees were dwarfed from the unshielded blowing winds that once graced this mountain top. Slowly moving silhouettes of monk-like figures in the shadows made for an eerie backdrop. The lightly lit night sky was starless and a strange smell of beans and fire smoke permeated the air. I needed to regroup with Diane and Bob so I set out to find them.
             With the Grim Reaper on my ass I arrived at the campfire. Everybody was staring at Freddy. He was sitting close to the fire just gazing into it. He was in a deep trance. His appearance was altered and his hair was like Robin Lopez's of the Blazers (Electrified). We all looked on. His face morphed into a devilish demon-like face and if you looked at him too long he would catch your gaze, then snap his head suddenly and look right into your eyes. Then he would point his finger at you and speak in some ancient phantom dialect "Rac shnat riddely bac nock shnar micknar. " and then stare back into the fire. Holy smokes! I'm totally freaked. I continued watching from a distance. We were all wondering if he'll ever come back to reality when someone yelled, "he's got his foot in the fire." Sure enough, all this time one of his feet had been partially lying in the fire. His sneaker was melted to his foot. Mike O'Brien, his good friend ran to the fire and pulled him away from it. The melted sneaker was smoldering. He was now receiving help from his friends and his brother Joey. What a Climax!" Let's get the fuck outta here," I cried. We all boogied and went to my house where I ended up tripping for way too long. I was tripping the next day and beyond. I Sure was glad when I finally came down and got some sleep.
             For years Freddy was never the same. A piece of his mind and his soul had been violated by some demon or something that night. This was one of the scariest trips I had ever been on and I didn't trip very much after that. I never seen Freddy after that night and could only wonder what it was like for him to have gone through that strange experience and be glad it wasn't me in his shoes.
         
   Stay hungry my friends for more tales from my memorium.
                                           Wizzzmo

No comments:

Post a Comment