Saturday, September 13, 2014

THE SISTER'S WILDERNESS ( LIFE'S ESSENCE )

     Once on a late August night, in the high elevations of the Sister's Wilderness, I brought my search for a place to camp, to a halt. I had noticed a dry lake with a giant old growth fallen log majestically lying at rest out in the middle of it. It extended around 200ft.long and was at least 6ft. high in diameter. The sun was setting and a long day was coming to a close. I decided to grab my Armstrong flute and give thanks with my music for an amazing day and welcome the oncoming night. This, at one time in my life, was my daily ritual and on this evening in particular, I felt spiritually as one with mother earth. This inspiration allowed me to find my way to a comfortable sitting position in the middle of this huge log. I then got my flute out of it's case and proceeded to play a series of soft ere notes. The smell of the dry heated pine trees permeated the air with their essence, which then found it's way through my nasal passage and landed softly in my brain. The tingling of my senses, my life aglow with all of it's natural splendor. The soft silence was near deafening and with my eyes closed, I was gently floating in a lofty, heavenly state. The essence of life itself, a gift unshared. The sound of the vibrations created by my life's breath was gently piercing the silence of this densely forested wilderness, of which I was now a part of. A symphony of sound and silence in perfect harmony. I played on for around ten minutes, when suddenly, I realized I had been joined by some of the local bats. It was their time of the evening to come out and feed on tiny insects that would make themselves easy targets at this dusk fallen hour. I was never so at ease under such extreme conditions. With around twenty or more bats fluttering around my head, mesmerized and drawn by my flute playing, I would still manage to play on for at least another ten minutes, before I faded my notes into silence. The bats then slowly dissipated into the air from which they appeared and back to their evening hunt. I never once felt in jeopardy, or for that matter, ever in any danger whatsoever during this wonderful experience. This was a once in a lifetime moment and I will cherish it till the day of reckoning. To be with nature as one, fearless and undaunting.

       It's your life my friend, enjoy!         Wizzzmo

No comments:

Post a Comment